View Single Post
      01-23-2015, 12:13 AM   #30
V8FunNaturally
Banned
Rep
Drives: Regensburg Factory E92M3

Mine has consumed extra oil too right from the beginning with everything done right on schedule. Based on past threads, there is quite a lot of variation from car to car engine (which goes beyond driver habits) and it seems to point to a bmw factory inconsistency. However I wouldn't read this badly, in fact no oil consumption at all on a high revving performance engine would concern me more. Keeping cylinder walls well lubricated on the upper rev range means some oil must pass by the piston and get burned. That means the cylinder walls stay lubricated which keeps the engine wear down.

I first thought your engine idling problem could have been caused by a bad idle actuator which is not unseen. But they should have caught it in diagnosis. If anything i'd like to see a picture of the "slight indentation on one of the cylinder walls" they are talking about. Could they have messed that up accidentally after they took off the cyclinder head and trying to cover their back now ?

You other pbs are not all that significant and most are related to convertible hard-top water proofing issues.
I think your are being over the top with your post and title a bit, more of an emotional response.
Appreciate 0