01-24-2014, 04:11 PM   #21
whats77inaname
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: when at all possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMonkey View Post
So I have aggreed to buy an E92 in NY (I am in MA) an hopefully contribute more to the board. Car is CPO'd, having PPI done next week. Car has a lien from BMW Fin Servces. BNW Fin. says it takes about a week to turn around the title release if i fedex them a certified check. My question is about this week-long period where the seller doesnt have the $ and i dont have the title.

I would like to drive it home, but, insurance says i need a title as does the registry. If i leave the car for a week, then the seller has "my" car to drive around?

Any thoughts would be really appreciated...Thanks !
Is the car @ the dealership? If not, after the PPI, why are they involved, i.e., why are they holding the car?

BTW, have someone take a pic of the odo *IMMEDIATELY* so you can keep track of how many miles are put on the car between now and pickup. And out of the many vehicles I've picked up out of state, I've *never* had to have the title in hand before insuring it. I called the day before I was drive it home, and had the policy go into effect the following day. What ins. co are you using?
Appreciate 0