View Single Post
      05-02-2019, 02:11 PM   #1005
PedalFaster
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 ZCP --> E92 M3 ZCP

My first event in my new-to-me DCT ZCP is next weekend, so I have some dumb questions about the ridiculous number of different settings that I'm hoping you can answer for me:
  • Should EDC be set to Normal or Sport? I've read that the car has too much compression damping in Sport. Even if Sport is the way to go in the dry, is Normal (or even Comfort) better when it's wet? I'm on the stock shocks.
  • Does holding the stability control button down for three seconds until "DSC OFF" shows up turn off all of the nannies (DSC, DTC, etc.)? Are there any additional pedal dances or other tricks required to turn everything off?
  • If I'm understanding the manual correctly, M Dynamic Mode (the M button on the steering wheel) raises the stability control's intervention threshold. Since I want to turn all of the nannies off anyway, M Dynamic Mode is irrelevant, right?
  • Is the car smart enough to pick the right gears in automatic mode, or should I shift manually? I've got a buddy with a 981 Cayman that always picks the right gear, but it's newer tech than the E92's DCT.
  • Does Drivelogic (the 1-6 button immediately behind the shifter) change anything other than shift speed? On most courses, I expect to shift once per run, so I don't really care much about shift speed, especially at local events.
  • Does M Engine Dynamics Control (the Power button beside the shifter) change anything other than throttle mapping? I want to be able to modulate the throttle, and hate cars that provide most of the power in the first inch of throttle travel, so I'm thinking I want to leave this in Normal mode, not Sport or Sport Plus. Is this a bad idea?
Is there anything else I should be paying attention to? I feel like I'll need to go through a twenty-point checklist before every run -- I miss the good old days when the only settings were seat fore/aft and seat recline...

Thanks!