Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by yidgyi View Post
Gintani customer service isn't the best in terms of getting back to you but It's not that bad if you call them instead of e-mailing I've learned. I never had problems with any of Gintani's tunes. I went from BPM to Gintani because BPM burble tune lurches and doesn't pop as much as Gintani's. This isn't to knock BPM as I had their stage 2 tune for 10k miles without problems. (Besides injector 5 going bad. Shop told me other e92M3 cars with the BPM tune had bad injector 5. Might just be a coincidence.) I have my DCT tuned by Gintani, Stage 2 tune & burble tune, and I also have the most recent extreme burble tune. The extreme burble tune is what it states, extreme. Flames come out bigger then before and more frequently. You can also shoot flames while the car is still by revving. My only complaint is that its not that daily-able. My car lurches with the extreme burble tune when I downshift. Alex told me this is because of how extreme the tune is. The regular burble tune is 100% daily-able though. About to hit 10k miles with various Gintani tunes at 70k miles on the car. I pop, shoot flames regularly and my stock o2's are fine. I'm expecting them to wear out a lot faster though but I don't mind swapping them myself. It's not that hard of a task.
We've revised the burble software and there is no lurching anymore - this was essentially reinstating fueling to stop the car from burbling for extended periods. Now we offer the burbles with varying intensity and customers can also pick the RPM ranges that they would like it to occur at. We haven't added this to our site yet like it is with the F8x M, but will at our new site launch. That said, Burbles on the E9x platform are an afterthought - the control unit is not specifically designed for it as it is on all of the F series models, so the implementation will never be as good/controllable as it is on the F Chassis.

We've also had some customers request shooting flames, and this works well aside from being not recommended for various reasons. Oxygen sensors can degrade over time (that is, become less responsive and/or less accurate), and still be considered not 'faulty'.

There is nothing in the tune that could ever cause a specific injector to go bad - there are no changes made specifically to individual injector settings. If it was software related, all injectors would exhibit the same issue. There are thousands of customers running our E9x software across the world for nearly ten years, if there was a software issue with injector(s), we would definitely know about it

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----

Last edited by BPMSport; 08-02-2018 at 08:28 PM..
Appreciate 0