View Single Post
      05-05-2016, 05:13 PM   #1
Apex Everything
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

How I Wash/Detail My M3 - Tips/Suggestions/Guide

I have learned there are plenty knowledgeable car enthuisasts who know everything about their cars, except how to correctly clean their car while not damaging their cars.

I am no expert, but I consider myself a weekend warrior. I did not go to any detail school or obtained any training other than reading and YouTube videos. I figured if even one person learns a tip from this thread it was worth it.

The Products I Use:
Tools
2x Home Depot 5 Gallon Buckets (1x for Body, 1x for Wheels)
Wheel Woolies Wheel Brushes - LINK
The Rag Company Microfiber Towels - LINK
The Rag Company Glass Towels - LINK
The Rag Company Microfiber Drying Towel - LINK
The Rag Company Microfiber Sponge - LINK
Foam Gun - LINK

Liquids
Meguiar's Ultimate Wash and Wax - LINK
AMMO Mud Tire Gel - LINK
AMMO Plum Wheel Cleaner - LINK
Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax - LINK
Chemical Guys New Car Smell - LINK
Rain-X 2-in-1 Glass Cleaner and Rain Repellant - LINK
Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax - LINK

What I Do
You will find detailers who swear by doing the body first, you will find others who say do wheels first. I do wheels first. I am not right, I am not wrong.

I fill up my two buckets with water and the car wash soap.

I shoot water on all of my wheels then I hit each wheel with 4-5 sprays of AMMO Plum. I wait about 30 seconds then I begin agitating the AMMO Plum on my wheels with my larger Wheel Woolie which was sitting in the wheel bucket of soap. I agitate and rinse until my wheels are clean. Then I move on to the body...

I first walk around my car to determine any significantly dirty spots. Maybe a spot has extra road grime or a big bird stain, sometimes it is hard to see these things when your car is covered in soap, so I take note of any bad spots and give them extra love later.

I then shoot water all around the car to get any lose items like dust or leaves out of the way. Then comes the foam gun. I use the foam gun and cover the car completely in soap. Once the car is covered I use the microfiber sponge and clean the car.

Once I hit every spot with the microfiber sponge I rinse the car off. Then dry with the Rag Company Microfiber Drying towel.

*Twice a year I do a full wax job with Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax*

Other than the two times a year at this point I hit my car with Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax using the Rag Company Microfiber Towels. Then I use the Rain X Glass Cleaner along with the Glass Towels. I use the AMMO Mud Tire Gel on crappy buy anywhere applicators. The finishing touch last thing I do is spray the Chemical Guys New Car Smell in my car in multiple spots, some people dread the smell but I like it.

You maybe asking you did not tell us your steps for the interior. I do not dirty my interior beyond the WeatherTech floor mats so I feel no need to clean biblically.

If you have any direct questions or want anything further explained shoot me a PM or respond to this thread.

Again, I am just a guy with an M3 who likes to keep it clean.
Appreciate 3