View Single Post
      05-16-2017, 10:55 AM   #57
slicer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 'E46 M3 Race Car, '23 X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJ39 View Post
Yes, you read that right. When they are wore out and need replacement i might pop them on as another option. This car has rarely seen a raindrop let alone the track so i couldn't care less about a negligible decrease in performance. As covered over a hundred times these cars do not need brake upgrades for the street, and to admit mine are on the car for purely aesthetic reasons doesn't bother me either, I got the brakes for free..

-Adam
I still don't see how this makes sense. The cost savings are largely offset by the time, energy and cost to make a custom caliper bracket to accommodate the inferior F80 rotors, plus the cost of the F80 rotors. Just buy some new rotor rings for your Brembo and enjoy. It's your car, your money, your time, do as you desire. It seems that this is a bit of a pet project for you and you enjoy the process. I get that. I hope it works out.
'04 M3 - Fall Line Motorsports Built Race Car - S65 swap, Dry Sump, Bosch Stand-Alone ECU, Drenth Sequential Trans, MCS 3-Way, Flossmann Wide Body, Brembo Motorsports Brakes, Drexler LSD, BBS E88 Etc.
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M
Appreciate 0