United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X4M CS

Garage List
2020 BMW X4M CS  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
BEST 1/4 Mile time so far...12.6 sec...

Before I say anything, I know many of the members reading this are laughing at my reliance on an iPhone app for accurate performance results...

But I have done my homework and it seems with the app properly calibrated, mounted, and on a level, smooth, straight, CLEAR & EMPTY closed roadway or drag-strip, this "Pocket Dyno" app can give relatively accurate results due to it built in: incredibly sensitive and accurate accelerometer and the laws of physics, which happen to stay consistent no matter what

(Even have buddies who have used the app while doing multiple runs at E-town, and 90% of the time the results were within .0XX's of a second & .5mph.)

These consistent trap speeds and to a lesser extent 1/4 mile times have convinced me that with the proper rear tires, about $3,000 dollars in additional mods (See Below), and the appropriate weather, I will get consistent 11.XX second passes @ 120mph+ at Englishtown Raceway on Sunday Oct 26th w/ just the basic bolt-ons & the proper tune. From what I've seen on here and at the track, this seems to be on the faster side for N/A full interior 6 Speed MT e92's...Correct me if I'm wrong but 118+mph traps easily justify a low 12 time w/ a good 60' time.

LMAO, Can't help but think that the car might be substantially faster than the average e92 w/ the same mods bc my rod bearings are about to disintegrate.

As we all know, cars are fastest right before they BLOW.

Just ask my H22a powered 250HP 1991 Honda Accord 4dr. Did 10+ passes at a local 1/4 mile drag strip that has since been shut-down. (West Hampton Raceway)...Only Problem was MOST of the oil apparently leaked out somewhere between my driveway and the track. But it felt extremely fast that day and pulled mid 14's despite having VTEC on a switch and a 6800rpm Redline (Don't ask)...

Anyway as usual I have gone on a ridiculous tangent...There is a point to this post believe it or not...

Mods getting installed in the next 3 weeks:

1. Gintani CATLESS, but QUAD resonated X-pipe
2. Tune (Most likely reflash, but contemplating doing a full custom dyno tune)
3. Short Shifter Kit + Selector Rod
4. Most importantly, 265 M/T Slicks or semi-slicks in the rear w/ OEM or MAYBE Volk 18"s all around...

But now, I need some help deciding on a tune...I really want to go with the ESS flash, as I heard it yields the most noticeable power increases, and most aggressive a/f, ignition and VANOS parameters... BUTTTT, as we all know HP & TQ are meaningless without the ability to put the power to the pavement.

From what it seems, ESS does not offer a launch control feature for 6MT? BPM Does. I feel a launch control is important for making every run count. I don't want to risk beating on my car for a crap time or driving conservatively down the track just to wait on line for another hour before I get to run again and HOPE i hit the launch right...

So can members please give me input given my circumstances on pro's and con's of different tunes. I would really love to hear the opinions of some of you that have run different tunes on the same basic setups???

ESS vs. BPM Tune? Or Another Suggestion? And Why? Pros/Cons?

Keep in mind the 12.65 I pulled today, I had 180lbs passenger, and 80*F HEAT helping my launch, but killing my power. \/ \/ \/
Attached Images