11-16-2013, 05:48 PM   #107
Pinz
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Looks good to me,keep in mind it was only 13° Celsius !
For the next treatment try to do it in about 30° Celsius when possible...and let it sit for 2 days,and the result will be even better !
About your stretch lines (creases ,wrinkles)in the leather of your driver seat,i have this too but only about 10 % of your level and my car has 31,000miles on it !
And why the big stretch in your leather.... ?
Well the answer is....and caused by your heated seats..... 100 % sure !
I saw it a lot in cars with heated leather seats also Merc !
How can this be ?....
When you heat up a piece of leather and you put a weight on top of it...the leather will stretch ...and quickly !
So the answer is that heated seats is actualy nok for our leather,the leather is heated up and your body weight is seated on top of it..and how longer...the more your leather will be stretched !
And i know heated seats is very nice in winter with cold temps,but the downside you have just read !
BTW...Pinz THX for posting your pics...i like people when they say something,that they also do it ...thats the way how i'm too
Thanks for your reply! The only issue is... that I don't use the heated seats!!! At least not yet. I find the engine of this car makes it pretty warm, so I've been using the Air Conditioner until a month ago. Only my wife uses the heat function (and only maybe 4 times in total). However, she always talks about how warm I am. And I do have very warm blood because I'm always hot, I never wear sweaters and I break a sweat doing almost any kind of physical work (makes it look like I'm working really hard, hehe). So it could be possible that my ass is just very hot and heats up the leather to make it stretch?

I did notice the line is smaller after the oil/clean. I'm guessing it's because of the way the leather folds when I sit on it a certain way.. and it's the same way every time. I try to move a bit to make the leather more flat when I sit, but I don't always remember, and it's difficult to see. I weight 93kg, maybe that's the problem? I will try to go to 75kg and see if that makes a difference!

Do I have any hope in getting rid of that line?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADetail View Post
Guys remember that most OEM leather surfaces actually have a coating similar to a clear coat meaning that most products for leather don't really do much. Leatherique is a great product as it is allowed enough time to moisturize and condition the leather. I recommend using Leatherique at least once a year and just doing occasional wipedown/cleaning to maintain it in between. Most conditioners just sit on the surface of that coating and will eventually just get wiped off on clothing, people etc.
Couldn't agree more!