Colonel
Rep
Drives: '09 E90 M3 - IB

Garage List
2009 BMW E92 M3  [0.00]
2009 BMW E90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFerrara View Post
Wow! Well that's certainly reassuring that the motor held up that well, 6 speed I assume though? I left a Saab 9-3 Arc in NY with my brother that was my daily throughout the years when I had my high horsepower LS cars a few years ago. But out here I have a Ducati Cafe Racer I can commute on if the car is done and I plan on getting another daily down the road as the M3 becomes more track focused.

Dogbone your car has been an inspiration to me, I've seen you being posted up on the bimmer challenge before I moved out here and I love how clean your build is. I had no idea it was supercharged until the read your writeup recently. Part of my concern would be the DCT failing, your car is DCT right any complaints after heavy track use?
Glad my ramblings have been useful to you! Maybe I'll see you out there on track one day since you're in Cali now. As far as the performance of DCT, I have absolutely ZERO problems with DCT. It's awesome. You know how I know it's awesome? All the 6MT guys give me crap (translation: are jealous) that I can downshift anywhere I want to. It really is great. The only technical issue really any of us have run into is: once you have a really high grip car, the shifting can be a bit funky during sustained high-G situations because the transmission seems to suffer from oil starvation. This was basically solved by the Slon Workshop DCT pan. I have no hesitations in recommending that pan. It has been great. The owner of Slon Workshop puts group buys together 10 people at a time. Really beautiful product. You can see my write up about it here: https://www.m3post.com/forums/showth...158445&page=33
Appreciate 1