View Single Post
      04-19-2020, 04:49 AM   #1116
Oldgixxer
Captain
Rep
Drives: nothing fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboatster View Post
All is well, but could be made better with a bike. GDC is a ghost town, what happened there?
Quite a lot of turmoil/animosity played out behind the scenes between me (Admin),the Mods and the owners(Vertical Scope). The owners would implement and take ad revenue from notorious clickbait sites and not bother to let us know. When we'd ban or delete those accounts and /or remove the clickbait,we ourselves would then have our staff permissions blocked by their IT guys(being spiteful),which caused all sorts of problems allowing literally dozens of spammers to infiltrate daily while we were unable to do anything;til their IT guys decided to give our Admin/Mod back. A lot of shady goings on and lack of communication that the members weren't aware of tended to spill over from behind closed doors into the forum too.

A lot of longtime Lifetime/Premium(IE-paying) members got frustrated by constantly being inundated by the clickbait/spam/pop-up's which as paying members was supposed to be eliminated. The other Admins (SVS,AnthonyD)got frustrated and left the forum. I hung on for another year trying to save the site but ultimately it consumed too much of my free time and caused too much stress. I gave the owners an ultimatum,they chose not to adhere,so I walked away after being an original founding member since 1998 without any farewells. Simply logged out around this time last year and have not been back since.

Last I heard,one of my SuperMods took over as Admin and was having the same issues as I was with the owners and said,exactly as you did,that the once mighty and largest single-brand forum known as Gixxer.com was a ghost town.

Lotta members still keep in contact w me via text/email so thats nice,and it's good to see a familiar face(ok,your screen-name lol) here as well.

Why no more scooters for ya??
-'22 X3MC,'20 M550i,'18 X2,F30 328xi,'07 E63 AMG (1st W211 63 in the 11s),997 C4S Cab,CLS55 AMG,E55 AMG,C55AMG
Appreciate 0