10-19-2018, 11:46 AM   #25
BayE30
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
they give plenty of space. I've done multiple full exhaust systems with mine in multiple cars

The two platforms have quick disconnects so you can easily separate the device. I've only done this once or twice, the rest of the time the quickjack sits slightly to the side of my car so I don't have run over them every day -- i don't think they're made be run over

Anyone who says this is similar to jack stands and a jack has absolutely no clue what they're talking about. In AER we have 10 guys and 4 giant jacks and we still take the QuickJack.
Jacking up a car to a proper height is quite dangerous and takes forever to do it right.

Whichever genius thinks this is in the same planet as a jack and stands, please post a video of how you raise your car to the height the QJ raises it in 30 seconds, which is what it takes me with the QJ in complete safety. I sense a Darwin Award coming up soon

In Watkins Glen, a nice big racetrack, the mechanic shop that's on site has the regular quickjack. They use theirs nonstop, for years, and it still works perfectly.

Thank you for confirming what i thought to be the case. In my shop we cannot have 2 post lifts, due to zoning restrictions and the building being historic, blah blah blah. I always hated to see my guys doing body repairs with cars on jack stands, i think i may have to grab one of these quickjacks and give it a shot.... working on my personal cars with the quick jack will be a nice bonus.
SYT_Shadow11468.50