07-22-2019, 07:15 AM   #9919
M3MPH1S
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximusB View Post
What’s the oil change interval for you guys who track the car?

I changed my oil in March and only put about 3000km on the car since. The 3000km also included two track days (14 - 20 minute sessions total). I have a road trip coming up, about 1300km round trip and 1 more track day in September. Should I do another oil change before the road trip or before the last track day?

I only drive my car on weekends and I store it over winter. So ideally I would like to wait till next spring to change oil.
I just sent my oil to Blackstone about 2 weeks ago, so I should be receiving results soon and I will share them here (I paid for TBN as well), but I put 12 track days and 4k miles on the oil. I was originally intending on testing it after 9 or 10 track days, but pushed it a bit extra due to getting busy with life and forgetting to order an oil change kit.

Previously, when I was still dailying the car ~32k miles/year, I did one stint of 4 track days and 9k miles and the report came back very strong (TBN included), so I was interested to see results from pushing the oil further with almost no street driving now and more track driving.

I might be stupid/crazy for wanting to test the limits on my own car, but my curiosity overwhelms me. I'm also still on original rod bearings at 162.5k miles.
Appreciate 1
roastbeef11586.00