Thread: Dinan exhaust
View Single Post
      03-12-2011, 06:10 AM   #128
jmflukeiii
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Jet Black M3 ZCP Coupe

So after doing some further research, hearing cars in person, talking to shops, etc. I'm definitely going with Dinan. The Dinan exhaust with mid-pipe and ECU is what I'll be starting with, but had always planned on going forward with Dinan throttle bodies and differential. So why not do it right and go all Dinan. I want to give special thanks to C2 Design in Tampa for all their help. I highly recommend this shop to anyone that would like special care taken of their car.

Anyway, what changed my mind is that my shop owner took me out in his Dinan M3 (6MT) and then also his friend's Dinan M3 (DCT). Both of these cars sound absolutely ferocious. The idle rumble is perfect on them and the car throughout the powerband makes a much deeper and fuller note. And it pulls hard too; much harder than my stock set-up. Dinan did it right; that car has much more mid range torque (the DCT was only exhaust and tune and was definitely way more powerful in the mid range and top end, the 6MT had the differential - that car pulled insanely hard throughout the powerband, really bringing the car to life in the sub 4-5K - the diff is definitely the way to go. They claim 14% increase in torque throughout the powerband on the DCT 3.62 Diff and you can feel it).

Well those are my thoughts. The system is not to quiet, not at all. The Dinan pipes look incredibly aggressive; I came to the realization, like that last post, if Dinan made it that way (with two functioning pipes), they did so for a reason. On all cars, there are unfunctioning parts that are added for aggressive looks. This is one of them, but it happens to also give you performance, noticeable performance.
2011.5 E92 M3 Jet Black, DCT, Competition, Premium 2, and Convenience Packages, Black Novillo, Enhanced Premium Sound, 15% Tint, Black Kidneys/Reflectors/Gills/Roundels, DINAN Full Exhaust, DINAN Tune.
2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Black everything.
Appreciate 0