View Single Post
      04-06-2017, 03:55 PM   #24
Mvez
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
How do you find the Trofeo R's drop off due to heat cycling?

I know the PSC2 drops off *really* quick from its peak grip, so even though it wears well it is certainly not an endurance type tire

I don't really have a clue about car setup. I'm sure we'll be in touch once I do the install

The build you have is very similar to what I'm doing with the secondary track car, the E92 6MT. It's supposed to be used on the street so it is not as extreme. I just wish I had read your suspension review, I would have gone with the Bilsteins instead of the JRZ
They won't last as long as Cup 2, and their peak performance operating window is a bit tighter, but man when you get there, it's awesome. However, I find Cup 2's last a long time. We have tons of Porsche GT4's locally that have put countless laps on them and still turning great lap times. They just take more time to warm up as they get older.

I can assure you my setup is not extreme at all. In fact, my buddies are shocked at how good the car is. It is TOTALLY daily driveable. The solid subframe bushings and purple diff bushings don't change anything. Everything else I've done is just little track stuff that doesn't change any street-ability. The stock seats, make it super comfy on street, and the JRZ shocks will ride fine on the street, they can get turned way down to soft, don't worry.

In terms of setup, this is very basic, but for double adjustable, it works. I use another one that is more detailed, and it just takes guessing game out, and I find you can tune the car quickly.

Bilstein Trouble Shooting the Car at the Track

If your car is:

Loose (Oversteer) from 0° to 90° (Corner entry)
• Increase compression rate on front.
• Decrease rebound rate on rear
Tight (Understeer) from 0° to 90°
• Decrease compression rate on front
• Increase rebound rate on rear

Loose (Oversteer) from 90° to 0° (Corner exit)
• Decrease rebound rate on front.
• Decrease compression rate on rear.
Tight (Understeer) from 90° to 0°
• Increase rebound rate on front.
• Increase compression rate on rear.

When analyzing corner entry, or deceleration handling,
realize that the chassis is affected by:

Compression rate in front.
Rebound rate at rear.

When analyzing corner exit, or acceleration handling,
realize that the chassis is affected by:
Rebound rate in front.