View Single Post
      11-06-2010, 03:41 PM   #24
Dave2
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 M3 Convertible

Guys,
You can laugh and make fun all you want, I can take it. I know what works for me and for years all I have ever used on a car is polish. I do not use wax.

Below is an instruction form the FAQs on the Zaino web site:

Q: I'd like a show car finish. What products do I need?

A: For the ultimate in show car appearance, it is vital to get the cleanest and smoothest finish possible. We recommend washing the car with original blue Liquid Dawn only for this initial cleaning (elsewhere on the web site it is stated that this will be the only time Dawn will be used). Once you have your vehicle completely washed, follow up with the Z-18 Claybar, to remove any surface contamination. Follow up the Z-18 Claybar with a thorough wash using our Z-7 Show Car Wash.

For any Zaino polish application, it's critical to include either ZFX OR Z-1 Polish Lok. For that show car finish, we prefer to use ZFX with Z-2 Show Car Polish. ZFX replaces Z-1 and is superior to Z-1. Z-2 Show Car Polish should be applied with our 314 Polish Aplicator pad. The key to our ultimate shine, is multiple thin layers of Z-2, with Z-6 between application. The results with just two coats of Z-2 are amazing.

If your finish contains fine scratches or swirl marks, Z-5 Show Car Polish will safely fill and level minor imperfections. As you layer Z-5, these imperfections will disappear!
:

Furthermore, if you go to Zaino's web site (http://www.zainobros.com/) you will see they do not even offer a a wax. I don't know anyone who would not agree that Zaino makes some of the best car care products available. If Zaino does not offer a wax and make no mention of using wax on a car I would skip the wax.
Appreciate 0