View Single Post
      08-23-2010, 08:59 AM   #1
Ben335
Captain
Rep
Drives: 09 M3 Finally here

HID Angel Eye Owners/ Yellowing of Angel Eyes

For all owners of HID angel eyes. Is anyone experiencing yellowing of the inner halo plastic? I just replaced both headlight assemblies due to extreme yellowing of the inner halo plastic. I am starting to believe this was from the high heat of the HIDS since it only affected the inner halos as that is where the bulbs sit in the housing. They were on since May of 09.

I would be interested in having you check your lights and post back your results. Please look at your lights with all lights turned off and see if your inner halos plastic is yellow compared to the outer halos. I would be interesting to see if anyone else is experiencing this.

I love the look of the HIDs but don't want to put them back on if I am goign to have the same problems again.