05-31-2018, 12:39 AM   #3
M3ANMACHINE
Admiral
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 + 2014 F15 X5

July 29, 2017

First Impressions:

After hearing and personally running all of the exhaust setups listed above, I can honestly say, in the limited time I have had driving my car with the Corsa mufflers, that this is definitely THE BEST exhaust you can buy for this car.

The tone of the exhaust is so incredibly crisp and the volume level is perfect, even for those of you who aren't particularly fond of "loud exhausts." The Corsa gives the car the perfect amount of grunt and because the tone of the exhaust is so clean, neighboring motorists won't think you're some kid with some fart can exhaust system. As I have read from several other Corsa exhaust reviews, people compare the note to that of a Maserati/Ferrari/etc. While I would not say it sounds exactly like that, it is certainly very close.

In regards to drone, there is none. I was very surprised to not hear any in-cabin drone with all the windows up, AC and Radio off, and cruising at about 60-70mph in 5-6-7th gears. The most "droney" that this exhaust gets is with all windows down during the initial take-off from a stop between 2-3k RPM, and it is less like your typical boomy drone, and more like typical exhaust noise.

Overall, I am very pleased with the Corsa Exhaust and would recommend it to anyone looking for a lighter, extremely good sounding exhaust system with no drone. As mentioned prior, I will be changing the exhaust tips to 90mm single wall straight cut tips, but that is a personal preference since I do not like the small size and slant cut of the Corsa tips. However, the color of the black chrome Corsa tips are indeed very nice.

Will update again after I install my new tips as well as Test Pipes! :hattip:

Here's a pic of the Exhaust installed. The tips protrude a bit further than normal due to this being an e92 muffler, but my new tips will resolve that problem.

August 15, 2017

Product: Test Pipes + New Tips

So I originally planned on running the Rogue Engineering Resonated Test Pipes (which I may end up testing out anyways) to pair up with my Corsa Exhaust system, however I happened to be at MRF Engineering and another customer had his full OEM X-Pipe + MS Test Pipes available since he switched to a full Akra GT4 system.
I figured why not try it out and if it's too loud or droney, i'll just get the resonated TP's and sell these MS ones. Plus I get to keep my OEM X-Pipe in-tact and save it for future needs.
So I had the TP's installed on 8/10, and am extremely pleased with the sound.
I know I know, useless without videos. I'm trying to make time to have someone drive the car while I film or vice versa.

As far as my impressions on the sound, I will certainly be getting a tune with cold start delete as it is quite loud upon start up. There is also a very prominent bassy drone as the cold start goes on which is a bit annoying when idling.
While driving, the exhaust has very mild volume up until about 3k rpm, then you really notice it. At 4k rpm it is quite high pitched, almost like a Maserati. But when you pass 4k rpm and mash the throttle, the thing really screams.

It's tough to describe, so I will wait for you all to hear it yourselves when I make the video.

I also got my tips installed today, 8/15 at a local muffler shop. The issue with the Corsa is that the exhaust outlet is a single exit tip which splits into two. The tips I bought were a bit long, so the shop trimmed the tip inlet a bit to make them fit. They are 90mm tips, so they're quite large, so I think i'll pickup an aftermarket diffuser to balance everything out.

On to the pics:

During:

After:

And the most important part.. VIDEO!

September 1, 2017

So I have been going back and forth for literally months trying to decide on a set of wheels. I knew I wanted Apex's again, but could not come to a decision on style or color. Initially I thought I wanted Anthracite EC7's again, but I started to think that they would just blend in with the Space Grey color too much, so I vetoed that option.
Then once the new SM10 and FL5 designs were released, I thought I wanted the FL5's.. Until I saw a set in person.. I felt that due to the lipped design, they would look too small on the E9x body.
So I then thought I wanted SM10's.
I was all over the place, I know... But after looking at my car daily with the silver OEM ZCP wheels, I went back to my initial choice of EC7's, but in Race Silver to keep the contrast as well as the OEM+ look. My mind was set..

APEX EC7 Wheels

Specs:
Race Silver
Front - 18x10 +25 w/ 275/35/18 Michelin PSS
Rear - 18x11 +25 w/ 295/35/18 Michelin PSS

Took the wheels to America's Tire and had the PSS mounted up and got to work swapping wheels the same evening. After taking the ZCP's off and popping the spacers off (not an easy task) I realized that my center hubs weren't going to cut it looking like this:

So I got to work with my dremel and brushed all the rust off of all 4 corners and got them looking like this:

I also have a 75mm stud kit to install, so I will spray the hub centers black when I install those. But it's much better peace of mind knowing that they're at least rust free.

Anyways, here's some teaser mounted pics. Haven't done a full shoot yet. But will do so soon, along with a proper exhaust video.

Ordered some new Engine Mounts from Bimmerworld, along with SS brake lines that both need to be installed. Then I need some new brake pads and rotors as mine are just about due for replacement.. Thinking about trying the Ferodo DS2500. Will appreciate any suggestions as well.

But for now..

2011 SG E90 M3 | 2008 AW E90 M3 | 2004 E46 M3

Last edited by M3ANMACHINE; 05-31-2018 at 08:18 PM..
Appreciate 3
FMLYSDN1181.50
swanlake180.00