08-13-2018, 06:33 PM   #182
jqsmooth
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
You don’t really need a torque wrench for the temp spare. Just use any lug wrench and get them reasonably tight.
I actually bought the torque wrench to swap out my steering wheel. I had a hard time loosening the original bolt with a regular socket and wrench(short handle). I was able to unscrew it with the torque wrench since it was a little longer. I've also had trouble in the past to get the lug nuts off the wheels with a regular lug wrench. I'm sure the tow truck guys carry the necessary tools. If I can't get the tire off, then I'll call a tow truck. I'm not proud, I need to get back on the road asap.

This looks like a good tool to have in the trunk:
https://www.amazon.com/WORKPRO-Teles...ench+bmw&psc=1

I just picked up my car and the damaged tire. Looks like the hole is right at the corner where the sidewall meets the contact patch. The tire shop guy told me I hit something hard. I guess that settles that. Road hazard, again...

I bought hazard warranty this time, so it'll be covered if this shit happens again. The spare will get me home at least and then I can deal with the replacement at my leisure. I'm thinking of going cheap to Hankook Ventus V12.
2011 E92 l SSII l Fox Red - 145k and Totaled. 2012 Toyota Prius C - 145k and Totaled. 2002 Nissan Pathfinder - 301.6K and Junked. 2000 Mitsubishi Montero Sport - Rolled & Totaled. 1995 Cadillac Fleetwood - RIP.

Last edited by jqsmooth; 08-13-2018 at 06:39 PM..
Appreciate 0