View Single Post
      01-19-2010, 06:19 PM   #6
808MGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickNemesis View Post
well i listen to trance/dance type songs mostly but anything but i like my music to have bass and sound crisp so what amp do u suggest? would running the jl audio hd 600/4 be good for the focal k2's in the interior? and what would you recommend for the 2 sws's and the L7?
You best bet is to run the SWS and the L7 off 2 different amps because I don't think you'll find one that will fit the needs of both of those drivers. I'm planning to run the SWS8 off the 5&6 channels of my Zapco DC650.6 which is rated for 500W at 2 ohms mono. You'll probably want at least 500W for the L7. The JL should be fine for th Focals. If you're not going to run the Focals active, you might be able to use channels 3&4 of the JL to run the SWS8s and then get another amp for the L7.

You're still left with the problem of how you're going to use the SWS and L7 together and make it sound good. Like others have said, the SWS is meant to be a subwoofer and not so much a midbass. So you'll have to get your Focals to play really low or you'll end up with a gap between those and the SWS. If you weren't going to use the L7 and just use the SWS as your subs, you probably have an easier time making it work.