Colonel
Rep
Drives: '09 E90 M3 - IB

Garage List
2009 BMW E92 M3  [0.00]
2009 BMW E90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OG Shark View Post
Lot of good stuff in that post - sounds like a busy but overall successful outing. Good luck with the super lap battle - please update us on that when you hear back.

Also...

-I don't think walking back from the restroom holding two freshly bathed rotors qualifies as a walk of shame. Now if you were walking back from the track with said rotors - because that is somehow all that is left of the car - that *might* come close to a walk of shame. I always use the penicillin rule to determine the validity of any walk of shame - if you think that a precautionary dose of penicillin might be a good idea after whatever it was you just did - then that is a walk of shame. If not then eh, no shame its all good. Lovingly caring for your car parts not a walk of shame.

-Cleaning the trailer at the end of the day sucksssss. Do my best to keep it clean all day but I'm pretty sure some gremlins sneak in there at some point and trash it.

-4.99/gal, just wow
hehe well, no penicillin was needed, so that's good!

I was thinking about the stud issues from that afternoon and I had a realization. I was really stressing out trying to get those new studs on quickly. I'm an idiot. I carry lug bolts with me as a backup. I could have just removed the studs, installed lug bolts and then had my shop put the studs in later......could have saved a lot of stress and sweating. ARGH! Ah, hindsight when you're thinking about it calmly......So, there's one more piece of advice----keep lug bolts around and use those as a temporary replacement to get back up and running quickly for the rest of the day.....man, I'm bummed I forgot about the lug bolts.....

I was so offended by the gas prices, I took a pic of the price sign. I think it's the palm trees that make the gas so expensive......

hehe so I had dinner with my parents after the track day. Of course, my mom doesn't understand anything about motorsport. The only thing she took away from the conversation about the day was that I skipped lunch. "Poor boy....no lunch.....why do you do that to yourself??" hahahaha
Appreciate 0