View Single Post
      01-05-2012, 12:12 PM   #20
reechar
Poorhouse
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3

My thoughts so far...

The ACM guys advertised it as "you can tell its not stock above 3k". It is dead quiet at idle, but you can definitely tell its not stock at about 2k IMO. I can drive around pretty stealthily if I shift around 2k...which is a complete PITA.

I actually love the sound of it. I am very picky with my exhaust notes and this one sounds amazing to my ears. It is very throaty and bassy. Not high pitched or raspy at all. I don't get why people like that sound. But everyone has their own opinions. In my opinion, all the videos I've seen of this mod does not do it justice. You pretty much have to hear it in person...

I haven't driven it too much yet. But I noticed drone going 70 in 6th. I've said this in another post, but I can either slow down to 60 or accelerate up to 80 and the drone goes away. I can also downshift and drive at 70 in 5th. I don't think I noticed any drone at other rpms but its not like I did too much testing.

I can't wait to go for a spirited drive to really hear what this exhaust is about. Even more so I'm excited to see how it sounds at the track.

It is certainly loud but very livable. I can turn up my radio and it'll drown out the exhaust. My big concern is attracting too much attention from the police. I'm already running with tints too dark, a radar detector, and no front license plate. I haven't gotten any tickets in the last year, but I'm kind of scared now.

A friend of mine in an E92 M3 has an eisenmann setup. I think my sound is comparable to that. I can't wait to show him because I feel like he will be kicking himself when he finds out how much I paid for mine...
Appreciate 0