08-02-2010, 05:45 AM   #42
BMW269
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
Well, I am not expressing my opinion here, I have just quoted the magazine, in order to translate part of the article for the non-german speakers here. Autobild is, correct if I am wrong, the world's biggest auto magazine and most of the information, which they post, very often comes out to be true. So according to the article, which quote technicians from BMW, the I6 turbo "should fit in the corbon body". Nowhere in the article is specified, how exactly, but in the context of i-100 it should be also rear-mounted. That of course does not exclude the fact, that the M-100 can have a little bit modified chassis, but nevertheless should pack the inliner in the back. I am not an engineer and can't say whether this is possible or not, but until someone gives here a robust argument, why it can't, I will accept this.
Sorry if you felt me blaming you. I did not mean to. I just wanted to correct the article. The VED or i100 is not an M car and will never get an M version. If what I heard is right, the i100 would rather be another BMW sub-brand, near M and Isetta, I think a performance car of the i-Porject sub-brand, a model besid the MCV. As about the 3.0l I6 TT with 450, it will with high certainty take place in the ZSS or Z8/Z9, instead of the 4.4l V8 TT with 600 HP, for the simple reason that BMW wants the car to be really light, 1300 kg DIN or EU.
Appreciate 0