United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW X5  [0.00]
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward View Post
Isn't this all incredibly obvious stuff? It's kind of like saying that a trophy truck is just simply put a lot better at hardcore offroading compared to the poser Raptor. The raptor is compromised because it is supposed to be driven on public roads as well as the spirited drive through terrain to hit your favorite surfing spot in mexico.

I don't get why comparisons are made from GT3 to M3 ever. In stock form they are SO different. In virtually every major way. The GT3 is a one trick pony. It's an EPIC track car and flat out dogshit for daily use or public roads, particularly LA roads. I'd be embarrassed to take a girl out in a GT3. Cool girls don't give style points to a car that is bumpy and feels like you ran over a curb every time you hit a reflector.
I think it’s because the GT3 is considered the Ultimate Porsche & I’ve noticed that a lot of M3 owners jump ship & head over to Porsche. As well as the fact that a lot of M3 owners track their M3’s, so with that thought in mind and the new M4 around the corner wishful thinking would love to see the daily driver M3/ M4 kick Porsche ass on the track! For when you look at our current E9x platform at around $75,000 fully loaded it’s not that far behind the $130,000 + Porsche. You put about $25,000 (supercharger, BBK, coilovers, tune & exhaust) in the M3 & not only would it still be a great daily driver but it would also take care of its business at the track!

In stock form of course you have to give Porsche its props however, a modded M3 (which is still cheaper than a stock Porsche) will give the Porsche a run for its money IMHO!

Although I could be a little bias