View Single Post
      08-12-2013, 06:54 PM   #24
Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3/4 life View Post
Yeah, and I understand that the GT-R, GT3 & R8 are indeed supercars with super price tags whereas the M3 was built with a totally different protocol in mind. I guess my point is or maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part is that to be as practical a dd as the M3 is; it's not that far behind these supercars. And if BMW wanted to push the envelope with the next generation M I think it would be very intriguing to say the least as to what they could create. I mean if Toyota can build a supercar in the LFA surely BMW can make the M compete with Porsche with a tweak here & there. But like I said maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part........
I have no doubt the new M3/4 will be faster but I guarantee it will not be fast enough to best the cars you mention. Not without modifications.

I just hope BMW doesn't go backwards and make it softer like the F30 is compared to the E90. I get the feeling that may well be the case.

BMW needs a purpose built super car to compete with the big boys if it wants to play in that space. BMW can definitely do it but it won't be profitable and so they probably won't pursue it at this time. They are more interested in the i-series hybrid and electric cars...