View Single Post
      07-29-2019, 02:56 PM   #38
chocstraw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAKman View Post

I've owned, raced, and tracked many many cars over the years (13 Porsches alone), and this is virtually my favorite car (though in a tie with my 1985 Porsche 911 hot rod). The M3 is an incredible machine, with an epic engine wrapped in such a graceful package.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFerrara View Post
100k plus club checking in. Purchased my car last year in New Jersey with 103k miles, did about 6 track days on the east coast before setting out on a cross country adventure, been living in LA since and driving the car hard in the canyons and frequent track days. I've spent about 4500 on maintenance but car still feels tight and rips on the road course. About 120k miles now

Can any track guys confirm if the diff fatigue I'm feeling is real or imagined? The M Variable Diff seems to have a lot of complaints about being slow to lockup. I can still feel the rear end skating out a bit on hard shifts and acceleration, and can still steer the rear with throttle on track, but I am having a hard time believing it functioned this way from the factory.

Everything else feels like a low mileage 2013 that I'd been in: DCT, engine, suspension, etc
Appreciate 0