View Single Post
      06-25-2008, 02:35 AM   #44
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
I'm not totally sure on this but I thought every 3dbs was double the volume. Maybe one of our sound engineering nerds could tell us if this is true.

On the matter of whether the M3 is that much better of a track animal, does it really matter that much anyway, like who here has solely bought the M3 for track work and at that how often will it be there in percentage of time compared to normal driving. Some manufacturers use track times and stuff to pormo their cars but the reality is that daily driving and how the thing performs there is the most important.

As a daily drive the C63 may prove to be the more enjoyable of the two, it's quiter as Hans said, it's get the better interior and seats (personal opinion), the steering wheel is a tactile delight, an engine better suited to normal traffic demanding performance and it got slightly more space. On the M3's defence it's slightly more enjoyable to drive in spirited motoring, it's now has a gearbox which can compete with the auto in the C63 in auto mode and performs much better in manual, it's residuals should be better and it's slightly cheaper.

It's more a case of picking the brand and looks that appeal to you more than just picking purely on their ability around a track, that's the kind of thing a total dick does.
Appreciate 0