View Single Post
      02-27-2013, 08:11 PM   #28
E90 87ss
Captain
Rep
Drives: !

O-cha is correct... Also there is a requirement for showing houses if it is listed by a realtor, you need to be a licensed to sell/buy in the state, because you don't want random people (non agents) checking out or vandalizing the house. Many houses use lock boxes, in other words the buyer's agent receives the combination from the listing agent and shows the house without the listing agent being there or letting them, many properties are vacant... So yeah you need an agent or you need to set it up with the listing agent to meet them at the property, which would mean you would have to schedule it on different days and times according to the listing agents' schedules if you are looking at multiple properties versus having a buyer's agent and seeing all the properties you want in one day. Would you let random buyers you never met into your vacant house without you being there... That's where the buyer's agent comes in...

Sorry guys some of you sound young and inexperienced. Again will be glad to answer any questions.

And agents barely net 30k a year when their expenses are taking into account: desk fees, gas, office expenses, marketing budget, license fee, and mandatory continued education course...

Not to mention many buyers take you on wild goose chases or want a property for nothing and end up not buying anything I've been on both sides and again I am really a copywriter not a realtor, but i don't mind stating the facts.