View Single Post
      04-26-2018, 02:52 PM   #36
86merc
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 335xi sedan

I have had issues for about 6-8 months as well. It seems that many times it takes 1-2 days to ship my Prime item. Then I get it in two day. Amazon's website states this as well. (see below) So just because the item shows Prime, it does not mean it is in a local distribution center and can ship the day it is ordered. They probably ship from one center to another daily. As well as have inbound from suppliers.

I will admit I got accustomed to the same day shipping and having that day count as a ship day. It was like that for years. I have not had anything take 5 days of more to make it to me. I still get a lot of items in 2 days. Some time same day. So it isn't bad.

Quote:
FREE Two-Day Shipping through Amazon Prime If the item you're ordering is out of stock or unavailable to ship immediately, you may not receive the item in two business days. Selecting One-Day or Two-Day shipping will reduce the transit time to one or two business days after we've shipped your order, but it won't impact how long it takes us to obtain the item or prepare it for shipment. The shipping method time starts when the item ships. For example, it will take up to two business days after an item ships to reach you with Two-Day Shipping.

Now I can say that Amazon is/was looking at a large company to buy that handles transpertation. Why pay so much money to someone else to deliver your stuff when you can be the one handling all transpirtation from the get go? It will be interesting to see if they are able to purchase a company with the infrastructure already set up for their needs.
Appreciate 0