///M-Flight VP
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 Frozen Red Edition E92 M3

Garage List
2013 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimoM3
You're right that there is a lot of misinformation out there. This is due in part to ignorance amongst some in the community and BMW's unclear and conflicting messaging when they first released the frozen paint.

I can only speak for my frozen brilliant white, but it's easier to take care of than regular paint. There are several companies making detailing products tailored for matte finishes now, too. Other than the soft paint that is on all cars today due to strict environmental regulations, this paint is durable and easy to take care of. Just wash and go.
Absolutely true! I'm coming from a 2008 AW E92 and have spent a countless number of hours detailing the car and removing the swirls and random scratches from Autobahn driving...the Frozen Paint is sooo easy to care for and looks great even when "dirty"....like Primo said...wash, dry, go!

I had a discussion with one of our ///M-Flight members the other week about our Frozen Paint and he brought up that it must be a pain in the ass to take care of. I asked about where he got this info from and of course referenced a couple threads on this forum...then I asked him a couple questions...if a bird took a dump on your gloss painted M3...would you let it sit on the paint or would you remove it as quickly as possible? And of course he said he's remove it as quick as possible. Next question was..after a drive...you noticed quite a few bug splatter on your bumper and mirrors...would you let those sit there or would you clean it up as soon as convenient? Again...he said he'd clean it up as soon as possible. Then I said...hmmm sounds like the same thing us Frozen Paint owners will do.

I told him the only big differences do to further "care" for this type of paint is be more selective on my detailing products. There are quite a few detailing companies that make products specific to our paint and it's just as readily available as our gloss owner counterparts.