View Single Post
      05-16-2013, 10:38 PM   #4
slipaway37
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 ZCP/E92/M3

I recently picked up my 2013 Frozen Grey model and absolutely love it! People who have never seen one in person tend to think it's matte, and it is NOT matte! It does have a clearcoat and some gloss to it.
I did experience a screw up when applying a paint protection film, but finally got that resolved with the Expel Stealth PPF; however, this PPF apparently doesn't work with all frozen colors.
I love the fact that I no longer have to clay bar, seal, and wax this car! Just a simple wash with a sheepskin mit, dry with a microfiber towel (no BMW it does NOT scratch the paint), and she's done!
I've received so many + comments and it's kinda funny how some people think I had her wrapped, or painted myself. A few have even said, "may I thouch it?"
Speaking of bird poop; I live/work right on the Coast and constantly have Seagulls flying about. Yesterday when leaving home for work I noticed a nasty gull poop on an a-pillar that I somehow missed when leaving work, so it had baked in the sun and sat all night! I said to myself, "Oh shit!" I grabbed my Chemical Guys Meticulous Matte Detailer and the poop actually came right off with NO etching, etc. I was SO freaking relieved!
And thank gawd I found a PPF that works with my color or else I'd have had a few nasty chips in the front and rear qtr panel already!
This appears to be the only concern with this type of paint because there is not a product avail that provides a perfect non-contrast visibility. I think grey, silver, bronze, and white is good-to-go with this film, but who knows.
I am one helluva happy camper!
Except now I'm pissed because I can't figure out how to reduce the size of my pics (especially my new wheels) even when taking pics at the lowest pixel setting. I'll figure it out one of these days and hopefully soon because I've got to get rid of my old 335xi profile pic!!!