08-23-2018, 02:48 PM   #35
See5
BMW Fan
United_States
Rep
Drives: Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.oom View Post

And regarding the AMG, that's a truck. "We can build a bigger(powerfull) engine, fit bigger brakes, install bigger whatever" (exhausts, eventually); just like a kid that can do more to advertise its skills and dominate the other - personally, I find this childish for an 100 year old company. This philosophy won't produce long term success (in terms of perception), just pumped-up momentums. I'll pass.
Mercedes doesn't know anything about "subtle", only about "oppulence" and "obvious"; they became so commercial oriented/obsessed, they started to forgot about their values and what's even more surprising is that they started to copy everything that allow them to stay under the radar. Shameful, for a company that wants to be a leader.
I don't see you how can drive an AMG GT and say this afterwards. I thought it was a great drive and a step in the right direction after the SLS.

It's chassis is more sportscar than anything BMW has put out since maybe the M1.

Regardless, I don't see much point in a 9-series but that class is much less crowded than the $70-130K sportscar market.

It's also much easier vehicle to develop with the new modular platforms.
Appreciate 0