04-12-2021, 08:27 PM   #163
Bartledoo
Driver
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsmtnbiker View Post
Congrats on P2 in limited, that is awesome! Gearing is just a bit wrong for that track, makes me appreciate the DCT even more. Car looks like it is working really well though, I can't wait to try out the new diff in mine.
Thanks! Yea riding the limiter a bit. That's with 8600 limit too. My excuse generator wants to say DCT would've brought me in range for the win, but really I just need more power and I'll be well into the next gears.

Car is feeling perfect. Next step is either boost or expensive suspenders. Probably will be better served by boost.

Also, is it just me or are the A052 extremely sensitive to car setup vs other tires (cause - soft sidewall?)? I did my shakedown the day before with the same settings on some ratty pirelli scrubs and the car was a bit loose but not awful, but first session of GTA on the A052 was like wow this car is unstable as hell. I think my initial words to my friend were "the car feels like it's on marshmallows!" Had to back off my aggressive rear bar setting and then it was magic.

PS you guys have to come up here for the Ridge and the vintage Pacific Raceways. Great tracks. ORP is supposed to be a legendary driver's track as well, but it's out in the sticks.