View Single Post
      02-22-2009, 04:50 PM   #26
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 Jerez DCT M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by unique View Post
1. my first question to you is this... Have you owned an e46 m3?? and if you have i want proof with a picture of the car

2. the very first time i drove the e46 m3 i was petrified, amazed, bedazzled, shocked, and every other word that describes pure excitement with a pinch of adrenaline. the e46 m3 was sleek, classy and represented what a true M car should be. it should be light and easily tossible. it should be very powerful, and the e46 m3 at the time was going head to head with every car i can think of, the c5 z06 head to head, 360 modena head to head, cobras head to head, and destroyed almost all the cars on the road, and was offered at 55k. it was easily drifted, it handled amazing with a few upgrades, and even for a car made in 2001 it handled better than most cars out today. look at the awesome ratio factor of the e46 m3 and the new m3.. when the e46 m3 came out 0-60 in 4.8 was just scary. it was better than anything and murdered 3 generations of the s4's hahaha lol... the e46 m3 could be comparable to the 996 gt3 the gt3 of that era.. now the e92 m3 is complete garbage.. it gets beat by everything, on and off the track. the awesome ration of the e92 m3 and e46 m3 are not even close.. those of you who track your cars or know anything of performance will agree the new m3 sucks for a car that has such heritage. the e46 m3 murdered amg's especially the c class amg. have any of you got pwned byt the c63 yet lolol.. funny thing is mercedes couldnt beat the e46 m3 with a second try... benz put out a c32 amg and that got whooped, then the c55 got whooped hahaa..the e46 m3 just beat nearly everything of its time.. and it held this champion record for like 5 years.. the new m3 just came out and its getting man handled by everything. i understand that everyone here is a die hard M fan but the last real M car was the e46 m3, and bmw just buried the rest of there M line for good. the new m3 doesnt even feel near to what an e46 m3 feels like. the e46 m3 won engine of the year 5 years straight. keep in mind that it came out 8 years ago, and after 8 years you would think bmw would make something ridiculous but they just shot the m line in the forehead.
1. Here, do you need fingerprints as well? (post 52 or so):

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...=228153&page=3

2. Nostalgia. It wasn't going head to head with the C5 Z06, the C5 Z06 RAPED the E46 M3, I know first hand. The 360 modena was faster as well, and the Cobra? I assume you mean the 4.6 liter because when the 03 hit, game over. The E46 M3 handles nowhere near the E92. I think you are describing the feel, which is fine. Yes, it did murder 3 generations of S4's. It was not comparable to the 996 GT3, that car was significantly stronger, I know first hand.

What does it get beat by? I don't know because I beat everything I run into, including early Gallardos. Regarding the track, maybe its the driver?
Appreciate 0