Shmelgy
B.E.
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 & 1969 Mustang Fastback

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post
Yea, I meant what brand/spec?

all i've ever found when i loosely looked into this is our oem fan draws 18 amps. i don't know how integrated the fan is into our cooling system... does it just turn on/off as needed, or is it more complicated than that? the thinner we can get the fan, the thicker we could construct a custom radiator. also, since you got rid of the condenser, are there any gaps were air could escape around the radiator? maybe a little sheet metal and weatherstripping could help seal off the front to force air through the exchanger... i'm just guessing since i've never inspected and a/c deleted car in detail.

are you really still dealing with cooling issues while n/a without the a/c?

i do a lot of thinking (because thinking is free, and i have more time than money)... there is considerable length in the oem oil cooler lines that might be able to be improved. i read about finless "stacked plate" coolers a while back. i like the idea because they are more durable... no small fins to clog up or get smashed by little rocks or big bugs. also, the stamped design builds in a turbulator effect, which rotates the fluid within the cooler to expose more of the fluid to the wall of the cooler.
same goes for the dct lines (some don't have that problem with a manual)... they are mostly hardlines with a few heat jackets in a short spot. why not make those lines finned?

i found a company that makes bendable finned tubes, and they appear to be customizable. i'm visualizing a finned tube to/from the oil cooler that acts as a cooler itself. this would depend on how tight the clearances are along the oil line's path, but if replacing a couple of [relatively] inexpensive oil line reduces temps maybe ~10*, why not? it wouldn't be an end-all solution- more of a "while you're in there" add-on. poke around on this website.
https://www.finnedtube.com/product/bent-finned-tubes/

even their basic tubing with a turbulator would probably be a good solution to replace our power steering coolers.
Just saw this. I'll ask about brand and spec.

I'm not having any cooling issues at all- I rarely go over 210 and I beat the shit out of the car. You're welcome to come take a look/drive the car whenever you're in LA
Appreciate 1
roastbeef11586.00