03-29-2011, 08:21 PM   #45
Dave2
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 M3 Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal View Post
OK... true story...

I have a friend who spent a lot of time in Texas and had relatives there. His uncle lives there. So a guy is breaking into his uncles house and ends up getting shot (the bad guy) outside the front door and dies... I don't know the complete circumstances, nor to I care. Anyway, when the cops arrive, one of the cops pulls the guy into the front entrance. My friend's uncle asks why he did that. Cop says because it means a lot less paperwork Don't know if it was bullshit or not but my buddy swears it is a true story.
Bullshit! I have heard various versions of this story.

Even in Texas there will be an investigation when someone gets shot and killed. This will involve investigators from agencies such as or similar to the local police department, the prosecutors office, a major crimes unit, coroners office, etc. Someone will realize very quickly that the body has been moved.

With any shooting there is a lot of paperwork. You are doing paperwork for years. There is the criminal investigation. The civil investigation, because you will get sued. Grand jury testimony. Interviews with attorneys.

Last edited by Dave2; 03-30-2011 at 08:35 AM..
Appreciate 0