View Single Post
      09-17-2011, 11:59 AM   #36
KM3
Formerly K335i
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriszeh View Post
anyone using this already and can adivise how useful it is and how they like the product.
I've used the SOLO for a few track days now and love it. As Richard has mentioned before, once you reach a certain level in you're driving, data is required to really start fine tuning. My favorite feature is +/- best, where I can see, in real-time, how I'm doing against my best lap. This gives me instantaneous feedback on where I've made good adjustments vs not-so-good adjustments, where I'm making mistakes, where I'm choosing the right line, etc. It's amazing how you can go from .5 sec faster than your best to .5 sec slower in an instant, even though it feels like you're driving pretty well... Really forces you to think hard about your line, your inputs, and staying smooth and consistent.

It takes a bit of time to get used to the SOLO's interface, but once you get the hang of it, there's a lot of nice customization/configuration available. I've set mine up to display lap time, +/- best, and speed. The display is easily readable. The built-in battery lasts a long time, but it's nice to know that you can also use 12V power in a pinch (adapter comes with the kit). Windshield suction cup mount is definitely a must.

The SOLO comes with a very comprehensive database of tracks, so chances are it already knows the start/finish location of your local playground. The data analysis software is also quite feature-rich. Again, takes some time to get used to, but it's very powerful. Nice to see your laps superimposed over each other to see where you're faster, compare how various lines worked for you, etc.

Overall, I'm very pleased with the SOLO and would highly recommend it. I got mine from Richard - he took good care of me.

2009 E92 M3 :: Jet Black :: Fox Red Extended :: Carbon Leather :: 6MT :: JRZ RS Suspension :: RD Sport Sways :: StopTech Trophy Brakes :: Cantrell Brake Cooling
Appreciate 0