Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: z3 Coupe, E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freiheit View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post
if you want to do it, fine. but we are going to secretly scoff at it.
I expect no less from you, Beef.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gio14 View Post
If yours is indeed a competition model then definitely go for it, nothing to scoff at. I've been considering doing the same since I've got a comp, but since my badge is blacked out need to figure out how to darken it n make sure the width works with the m3 badge.
What color is your car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindside_137 View Post
I actually despise the competition badge. Looks so dumb.

I personally wouldn't do it to my E90. And if I had an F8X competition I would highly consider removing the competition badge. The other thing to consider is the "M3" is larger font for the F8x. And I have seen people put these on E9x cars and it just looks too big. So keep that in mind if purchasing the entire set of "M3 Competition" badging. And if you only buy "competition" badging it may be longer than your E9x "M3" font.

Now to answer your question I think it's entirely appropriate. You have a competition package.
I didn't even notice the badge until the day I drove the X3M Comp. I thought it would have been interesting if BMW had enough confidence in the ZCP back in the day to offer a badge like that. Then it came along on the F8x, so I figured why not?

I didn't know the badges were different size though, and thats going to be a problem.
I expect no less from you, Beef.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gio14 View Post
If yours is indeed a competition model then definitely go for it, nothing to scoff at. I've been considering doing the same since I've got a comp, but since my badge is blacked out need to figure out how to darken it n make sure the width works with the m3 badge.
What color is your car?

[/QUOTE]

Jet black, pretty murdered look except the stock comp wheels n side gills. Badge size issue has been holdin me back, may buy a badge n try to blk it out and see what it looks like. I definitely don't want it screaming look at me, but I think it's fully appropriate since it is the comp package.