View Single Post
      05-09-2020, 07:25 PM   #1
irokwrx
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 ESS G1 BC

G1 Install & I have a few questions please advise!

I have a few questions with my supercharger install, Please forgive me if they have already been answered. My car is a 2011 E92 M3 DTC.

1. I had Alex do a motor and DCT tune about a year ago. The shits were crisp and would lunge forward during shits (I loved it). Well, when I had to read my ECU and send the file to ESS it would not work due to it being tuned. They had to send a stock file, I had to upload it and then send that file to them. They sent 2 files to be uploaded (All went well). Now the car shits are NOT crisp at all. They are all muted/ I did email and ask about this and was told, the DCT tune was not affected. I know my car and it's not the same! Has anyone had this issue? And has anyone had there DCT AFTER a supercharge install? (can it be done?) I am really thinking about doing it again due to the slow shits. I will say after starting the car and pushing to the right once it goes into "D", not "1" (as if was tunes/flashed).

2 When shifting at higher RPM's I hear like a chirp or very short squeal from the motor area (sound like the belt is slipping). Is that normal?
I went with the G1 kit and I did the install myself.
Attached Images

Concealed Weapon: 11 BMW e92 M3 DCT ESS G1
Appreciate 0