Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleM3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by amrazM View Post
skip the shit get them from vac, everyone goes through this delay with BE bearings yet nobody wants to venture out because the heavy hitters on M3post praise them so much.
I resonate with this post. I don't do hype and I feel like BE, although great I'm sure, has too much hype behind them. I'm wouldn't argue BE quality, but the question that really needs to be asked is it necessary to get BE and if so why? Similar to the coilover debate. Yes Ohlins is at the top, but do I need Ohlins if i'm mostly daily driving w/ a few spirited runs here and there, no i don't. Do I need BE on a stock motor with original OE bearings sitting at 117k miles? Doubtful!

Not familiar with ACL or VAC so ill do a little research
It is unfortunate there is so much misinformation and BS out there like this.

Bearings are precision components. Springs and shocks are not. The comparison is not apt at all.

BE is more expensive for sure. Why? Because they have added value that people are willing to pay for.

There are other options now. VAC (we hope), ACL, King (not really suitable for factory rods). It is your money. Make your own choice. Just remember that every part that is manufactured has a tolerance range. BE at least removes this variable by hand matching every set. VAC, ACL and King do not. If you do not see value in guaranteeing that your bearings are properly sized, then buy the cheaper option. Hell, buy OE if proper clearance is not a priority.

And at the end of the day, is $400 more really the end of the world when opening up an engine that will cost, at a minimum, $10k to replace? Seems an odd place to save a few bucks.

2011 E92 M3 - 6MT, ZCP, ZF LSD, ESS G1, Some other goodies...
Appreciate 3