12-22-2014, 10:18 AM   #17
ssabripo
HALA MADRID!
United_States
Rep
Drives: camels & donkeys

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
You get what you pay for. Centrifugal is cheaper to make, cheaper to fabricate hardware for, and cheaper to tune. It also delivers less torque in the rpm range in which you spend 95% of your driving time. The ESSVT595 won't equal the torque the Harrop stage 1 makes at 2500 rpm until 6000 rpm. Centrifugals are great -- I have had one, but they are nothing like a turbo or positive displacement supercharger in terms of power delivery. If it is all you can afford, though, get one. Still a lot more power than stock and if you wind it up, it will go pretty well.
Oh I know! But again, with a smaller market (how many e9x M's are realistically left in the market that would be willing to spend the money for any kit?), and with a price point that may be much higher than an ESS for example, how many units do you foresee being sold?

I've been holding off on a kit for almost a year due to various circumstances, including potential turbo kits and positive displacement SC's, but from early indications on this kit, it may be cost prohibitive for many of us.

F87 M2 Competition, Sunset Orange, Exc, DCT.
**SOLD** F80 M3 Mineral Grey/Sakir Orange, Exc, DCT... ED 6/2015
**SOLD**E90 M3, Interlagos Blue / M individual two-tone, ZCP, ZP2, ZCV, DCT, ED.
Appreciate 0