View Single Post
      04-06-2024, 04:08 PM   #185
1FastSicilian
-Frank
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3SQRD View Post
PFC 11 (progressive), 13 (high bite/friction), 39 (sprint/enduro, high CoF from low to high temp), 331/332 (new pad developed by BW/PFC to work well with stock abs systems, 331 front & 332 rear)

Cobalt XR1 (similar to CT XP20), XR2 (similar to CT XP12)

I’m now 100% PFC for track/race pads since I first tried the 01 compound.

I use PFC 11 on tracks with high speed braking zones (VIR) because the braking torque increases with temp (progressive) so you’re confident the pad’s always there at the end. Great modulation and release. Lower initial bite.

PFC 13 has high initial bite, high torque, and progressive-digressive CoF (extremely high max CoF mid op temp, slightly progressive before peak & slightly digressive after peak). I use this on tracks with heavy/many braking events.

PFC 39 has high initial bite, high torque and the flattest CoF vs temp curve. I use this when running super sticky tires.

No experience with 331/332 but I’ve heard nothing but good things about them. I find the 332 CoF vs temp curve looks more like a performance street pad, not a track/race pad.

I haven’t used Cobalt for years (since finding PFC) but their XR1 is similar to the PFC 05 (discontinued). 05 was one of my favorite brake pads on my track-prep e46 M3. XR2 is good for tires with higher TW ratings.
Great info here!!

I ran the PFC08s on my e46 and I did like them alot.. I ran several sets of Hawks and I just think they aren't that great. Good bite but they wear fast and once they wear down to 50% I feel they start to slack..

After doing some research, I'm thinking of the 331/332 set up.. I looked at the graph on the PFC website and I think they're a great pad based off the data they provide and they're cheaper than Pagid, which is what I was thinking of going with initially.
IG: @_frank_stone_
Appreciate 0