View Single Post
      07-24-2021, 10:05 AM   #17
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Quote:
Originally Posted by No one View Post
This is how your "outside", "drill sergeant" motivation works. It just doesn't. You want to hire someone to kick her big lazy ass. This won't work either. The true motivation comes from the inside. She's ready to do what she wants. The trouble is she doesn't want what you want her to do.

What's your motivation? Does anyone make you do what it takes? It's a matter of seeing the point. You do. She doesn't. This is only why she "can't do it". For even a professional guidance to work she should be willing to use it, otherwise it's a waste of time and money.

What about your horses? Is there any chance she might share your passion and it will motivate her to lose some weight to ride?

What does work is an example. Instead of making her do it, do it with her. Walk the block with her when you can (bait her with shopping? ). A perfect work out buddy should be someone making a realistic example for her to strive for. Or a competition if she's competitive by nature. Also, don't offer anything exhausting. It should look easy to do to start with. Maybe Wu-Shu (Tai-Chi), yoga, dancing... What she absolutely needs is to get interested. Somehow.

Before Katrina, we used to ride a lot together. We also had a lot more horses during those years. I only have three horses now, none of which can accommodate a rider over 180 lbs. My sister is about 220 on a 5’6” frame. She doesn’t have the equitation to ride properly, or the ability to move quickly for an emergency dismount or similar situation.

She was in a car accident last year that left her right ankle in shambles. It was either surgery or amputation. She elected for surgery. Her foot now is much better but she couldn’t wear a riding boot as it’s forever going to be enlarged with all the pins and screws they put in Bareback would be an option for her if she lost weight and could move quick enough.

I do miss my riding buddy.
Appreciate 0