View Single Post
      10-02-2019, 08:57 PM   #20
cannga
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 & Porsche 997 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd View Post
Love my Ohlins RT! My car is 90% daily and 10% track/spirited driving and the Ohlins is probably the best suspension for it. As mentioned above, if your car is primarily track, you may find the Ohlins stock springs way too soft.

I went with recommended height and its near identical height to my original ZCP springs. It also allows me to clear 98% of bumps/ramps without issues while not looking like it's too tall.

For daily I use about -1 deg camber. For track you want to get as much -ve camber as you can get.
Thank you for your input. Could you please do a quick measurements of your ride height with Ohlins for me? I too would like to maintain stock height and just want some data so I could be accurate while talking to the people at Auto Talent.

From the sticky posts, someone has measurements of stock 19" M3 comp package from bottom of RIM to mid fender, 19 inch wheel:
Front 62 cm Rear 61 cm

In comparison, my own car (stock 19 wheel, competition package, bottom of rim to mid fender) is
Front 61 cm, Rear 60 cm
(Measurements from the ground to mid fender is 66.5 front and 66.5 rear.)
2011.75 BMW M3 - DCT with Ohlins Coilover - Ohlins Settings & Impression Here
Appreciate 0