View Single Post
      01-07-2021, 02:28 PM   #20
Cyberdemon
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i, 2018 M3 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by noremaC View Post
Well, I'm giving this a shot. Carsara unit + rear-view camera (via Amazon) purchased.

I've watched a few videos including the Bimmertech one in this thread. A couple preliminary questions:

- In the scenario where one does NOT have factory bluetooth (i.e. no microphone), where is the suggested placement? I see recommendation of drivers side A pillar but would you be able to place it near the dome light (to avoid running the wire across the entire drivers side)?
- Does wire need to be run in the center console (where the shift knob is) to the iDrive controller? I see the quad lock should pick it up but I'm not certain.

Cheers!
-The carsara box should include a Microphone that can be installed in the OEM location. I believe that plastic housing is just not populated when Bluetooth is not included and the microphone provided should fit (have not confirmed this).
-If you code Aux before installing the unit, you can avoid running any wires through the center console. The iDrive can be picked up from the quadlock, and the sound as well.