View Single Post
      08-12-2010, 12:41 AM   #1
FrenchBoy
Lieutenant Colonel
France
Rep
Drives: '16 F80 M3

Portland International Raceway, E90 M3 In-Car Video

I participated to the BMWACA track day at PIR on Monday and had a blast. Weather was perfect (in the high 60s, low 70s), atmosphere was great and turnout was good. I got to meet Fen335 with his beautiful white E92 M3. I was also parked next to a few Porsche guys who came down from British Columbia. Super nice guys and super nice cars: 996 GT3, 997 GT3RS and 997.2 GT3RS (what a beauty). Another extremely cool car was a Lotus Exige Cup240

There were 4 E9X M3 in attendance, 3 of them with different aftermarket exhausts which was nice for sound comparison. Fen335 with his Dinan, Akrapovic on mine and another E92 M3 had the AA setup. All sounded really good, and much better then stock on the track IMO. The stock exhaust is just very quiet at high RPM.

This was also the first time I was really testing how the car feels with my new Akrapovic Evolution exhaust. I will try to do a review of the install and my impressions at a later time once the CEL issue is resolved (long story). For now, the engine sounded great at high RPM on track and I think the noticeable performance improvement is mid range pickup.

Here is an in-car video of the last 10 mins of the 3rd session, plus a few photos from the paddock.

Current: 2016 F80 M3 6-Speed | SO | AB XT1 | ZCP | M Performance Suspension | GC Camber Plates
Previous: 2009 E90 M3
Appreciate 0