ace996
NASA/PDA Instructor
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
ace996,

If you want a cheap, industrial, -please tell me you make those statements based on something other than the video. Personal experience, a friend who has one, test drives you've done, perhaps ever seeing one in real life....please tell me something other than watching an ACR from an in-car camera o the Ring whilst breaking the record is what you base that comment...please???uncompromising trackday car which is hellish quick then by all means buy the Viper. Like I said on the other post, national pride is clouding your judgement -footie, the car did a 7:22...that has nothing do to with my National pride. I've driven Vipers, has nothing to do with National pride. National pride has nothing to do with the two BMWs in my driveway, or the Subaru and Lotus that was there before. May I ask you to examine your distaste and, perhaps, knee-jerk reaction to your ACR-hate and determine just howyou come to make such dismissing comments???. Again, your personal experience with a Viper?and in this I can understand, I too would be feeling the same especially as American is the butt of all jokes when it comes to handling.-that's funny, I bet CorvetteRacing is laughing their asses off after beating everyone for years...

But like I keep insisting, making something handle well is not the difficult part, making it handle and still feel like quality, ride well and have finesse in it's controls is what separates the good from the brilliant. Viper is the good and the rest that are up around it are the brilliant.-well, when those brilliant cars get their asses handedto them in the various classes of racing, they can always sit back and revel at how well their, as you perceive, controls and switches work.

You mention all the other brands I listed as ultra expensive to own and run and you are quite correct, the reality is that quality costs money, lots of it. That is why when one tunes their 335i they may achieve similar results as the M3 but it's no M3 and that is the thing, the Viper is the 335i and the GTR and others are the M3.-and you may just be missing the point...Dodge didn't build the ACR to compete with the EuroBuilders' cars on daily driveability, they built it to be a potent race/track car...of which it has done brilliantly.

If you were to put the Viper up against a car which is closest to it is philosophy then pick a Radical SR8, price would be similar and both can be driven on the road -not here...that's not a street car here. but the Viper would finish a distant second in any race that didn't involve maximum speed.

Feel free to disagree -guy, I couldn't disagree with you more. You compare an open cockpit "kit car" to a Dodge ACR. Really, think about this...an open cockpit kit car that requires a full-face helmet to drive vs a production-based car....I'll bow out of this discussion now so as to not to appear personally confrontational but to me these cars are closer than any of the others,-I would bet that you've never seen a Viper with your own eyes...is that true? Have youever driven one? it too is totally uncompromising, though with it you are getting a quality in it's controls that the Viper could only dream of. (again, your basis for making such a claim?)

Be good,
TomK

"Arcadian, I've fought countless times, yet I've never met an adversary who could offer me what we Spartans call "A Beautiful Death." I can only hope, with all the world's warriors gathered against us, there might be one down there who's up to the task."Μολὼν λαβέ!!
Appreciate 0