View Single Post
      07-30-2017, 08:14 PM   #33
avantegardestyle
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 ///M3 SG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardio View Post
I disagree, the Spurs haven't really done anything to get better this offseason while the Warriors improved their bench and resigned their core.
Yes the Spurs had a good game 1 (vs the Warriors) but so did Houston in game 1 vs the Spurs, beat them by 25 with a healthy Leonard. My point being you can't judge on one game.
you can disagree all you want, but for the last 1.5 seasons, every time the Spurs face the warriors with both teams at full strength the Spurs have come out victorious. I know I know, it wasn't a playoff series........but know this...the Spurs have a history of taking down teams

they did it to the Shaq and Kobe 3 peat Lakers in 2003.
they did it to the Defending champion Detroit Pistons in 2005.

It was also the Spurs that Destroyed the Gasol/ Howard/ Kobe Lakers.

It was the Spurs that ended the James/ Wade/ Heat..........and mark my words it will be the Spurs that destroy the Warriors as constructed

Gregg Popovich is the greatest NBA coach ever, and when the game favored post players he had Tim Duncan, now the game favors perimeter player, he has THE BEST TWO WAY PLAYER IN THE GAME with almost no weakness to his game....Kawhi Leonard
The Spurs do not have to make splashy offseason moves. They have a slew of long Athletic young players who are being developed. Like Bryn Forbes, Like Kyle Anderson, like Bertans, and the Uber talented PG who is working out with Leonard......Dejounte Murray.

My only disappointment with the Spurs is to see them let Jonathon Simmons go to the Magic.
Appreciate 0