View Single Post
      07-22-2017, 08:57 AM   #23
Datka
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 ,2021 M340i

As a knick fan I was very excited when Melo was traded from Denver to NY a few years ago. He was a tremendous offensive player in Denver.
After watching his game for years now, I cant wait to get him out of here.
Whats my point bringing it up? He reminds me Irving, same mentality, shoot, shoot, shoot, don't pass, force shots, off balance shots, don't pass, don't pass.
Both like to dominate the ball, that's what ISO players do. Both happen to be the best ISO players in the league, but that style of play is detrimental to teams chemistry, turns their teammates off, and turns their desire off to play hard, run the floor, because they don't expect to receive the ball from super selfish players.
On the other hand, every player loves to play with James, CP3, and players like them who move the ball, find teammates in a better position to score.
Irving IS THE BEST BALL HANDLER I have ever seen, makes spectacular shots at times. I suspect that's what makes some ppl to be fascinated by him.
If he had court vision of James, CP3, Rondo, desire to make his teammates better, he would be the best player in the world.
But those qualities are not in his DNA. Unfortunately.