View Single Post
      08-26-2015, 06:43 PM   #13
Mvy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E93 M3

You're likely to get two answers out of this group. The first one you've already received which is yes change the bearings the other one you'll hear is that its hype and don't worry about it. I was one who opted for proactive replacement and to change my bearings. Mine didn't look good so my recommendation is change them. There are a couple options for you right now including coated bearings and then of course the peened bearings. And then there's the connecting bolts. Many have done the vac Arp combo with no issues so far. Kawasaki and regular guy, our resident experts on bearings are saying they think the best thing to do is use the stock bolts a.k.a. BMW factory bolts and the peened bearings made by wpc or the custom bearing they are having made. As Belgium mentioned nobody really knows which one is best because we haven't had enough time to actually pull the replacement bearings out and check in any kind of large sampling. There's a 1000 page novel on this if you just do a search in any of the bearing threads when you want some bedtime reading. Best of luck to you on your choice.

Harrop Supercharger, BPM Tune, K/W Coil over kit, Stoptek BBK, Magnaflow exhaust, ear to ear grin everytime I drive...

Last edited by Mvy; 08-26-2015 at 06:48 PM..
Appreciate 2