08-14-2011, 05:54 PM   #11
GregTheStig
derp
Armenia
Rep
Drives: a Tuk Tuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by pman10 View Post
As far as the health risk goes, I have not seen any studies that indicate living near a cell phone tower increases your risk for cancer or any other ailments.

However, it's still an active area of research - mainly since cell phone towers haven't been around long enough to determine really long-term effects.

Here's a source that might help

http://www.cancer.org/Cancer/CancerC...r-phone-towers
I read that same article earlier and it answered a lot of questions for me, but my mother claims to have found a study conducted in Germany where they determined that if you lived within 1/4 mile of a cell tower you were 3 times more likely to have cancer. I still haven't seen the actual study, but she damn near had a stroke when she read it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelinIsRich08 View Post
Actually, cell phones emit SAR radiation which in large amounts has been proven to cause cancer. I would not want to be living next to a cell phone tower which constantly emits this radiation and in large amounts. I would advise your parents to sue whoever is building it and have him move it.
Thanks for the info. While we're not the kind of family that likes lawsuits, they are talking with an attorney that represents the home owner's association in their neighborhood. He claims that we might be able to stop it from going up, but if not we can at least get paid compensation so we can GTFO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarySL View Post
Neighbor built his dream home, told my wife that they would have to bury him before he moved out, raised a family & fought hard against a cellphone tower installation next to his property. He lost the cellphone tower fight (the tower added more sending/receiving units since).

He recently died of brain cancer. The family sold the place (to friends of ours with a young family!).
Son of a bitch... that's terrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmahh View Post
Will they at least do the one that looks like a fake tree?
I don't think so. My mother got the plans from the city and it's going to be a regular, giant ass silver tower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipill View Post
lucky bastard , you'll get better reception at home
Yeah, but we don't want that if it means not being able to sell the house and the possible health risks! I think that's why it seems like we're the only ones fighting this. Cell service in our 'hood sucks so most of the guys couldn't give a damn since it's in our backyard and not theirs.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. It means a lot!

I'm about to set this guy on fire just because of how stressed my mother is now.

Last edited by GregTheStig; 08-14-2011 at 06:12 PM..
Appreciate 0